Clodagh’s Story on Becoming a Driving Instructor

My name is Clodagh Branagan and I qualified as an instructor with Ladybird Driving School in February 2019 and since then quite honestly my life changed.

I was previously in the insurance and personal trainer business and neither seemed to be going anywhere and it was hard to get by with such small pay.

A friend of mine mentioned because I liked driving and helping people that driving instruction would suit me and he saw an advert online that Ladybird we’re recruiting.

I filled out the online form, I was contacted an hour later and the rest is history..

I passed all 3 stages of the process by doing the driving instructor course and since then I have been extremely busy with anywhere from 40 hours per week upwards.

I’m my own boss, set my own schedule and hours I work but have fantastic business support from the Ladybird management who oversee everything for me from my diary, to EDT training, check test training and general day to day ongoing support.

I honestly would love that whoever sees this please don’t be afraid to give ladybird a call.

They will make it happen for you and change your career path for the better and I can tell you your salary certainly is guaranteed to quadruple.

Just trust Ladybird like I did and give them a try!

You’ve really nothing to lose.

What should I do now?

First step is to download your driving instructor starter pack and then phone our dedicated training office on 014851588 opening times are Monday to Friday 9am until 6pm.

If you ring outside of normal office hours an answer phone service is available for you to leave your name and address.

You can also contact us using the contact form. However, before you contact us please make sure you can meet the minimum requirements as set out by the RSA which state that you:

Must have held a driving licence for at least two years (with no more than 5 points overall or any bans) before you start training you must be able to pass a Garda Vetting check and have or be able to obtain a tax clearance certificate.

If you have any doubts about meeting these minimum requirements you can contact the RSA for further advice.